Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our story so far....

Long long ago I began a blog to chronicle the journey my (now ex-) husband and I took with starting our family through adoption.  We brought home our son Max on May 14, 2006.  He was eight months old:


For a short time I kept a blog for everyone to keep up on the expansion our family with the arrival of our daughter Mimi.  She came home on July 19, 2008 at the age of 6.  Her story picked up with her little brother's on the main family blog.


I stopped blogging when life took a turn down SNAFU Road but I have been finding my voice again and enjoying my children (now ages 10 and 7) in ways I never thought imaginable. I always found blogging to be an incredible tool to enable friends and family to stay connected.  So I'm back.

Here are my kids today:


And then there's me:


Single mom working full time and trying to find my place in the world after spending years of it lost.  I have a blog (that needs to be updated!) which is a fun place for my "alter-ego" Spank to wax poetic about the things that really matter in the world: Hot guys, great movies, pop culture, current events and my favorite books.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again! I look forward to many more pics of you all! You just are just too cute!!!
    KT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KT!

      I'm really excited to reconnect with everyone and share life again, instead of hide from it.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the expression on your face in both of the "coming home" photos. So much love there it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those represent two of the best moments in my life. I am getting teary eyed now just typing this. I'm a lucky lady.

      Delete
  3. I remember your blog when I first started mine in June 2006. I thought to myself, "I hope my blog can be half as good as Laura's blog." And here we are, 6 years later and best friends. All because of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All because of my blog AND your turning off the comments in your blog which forced me to email you. :D

      Delete