Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's all about the Lincolns, baby....

On the day of the sleepover, Mimi lost her tooth.  As she is nearing 11 I am not exactly sure if she believes in the "tooth fairy" or is just milking it for what it's worth (current rate: $5.00 a tooth).  However, I did not want to potentially embarrass her by having the fabled fairy exchange enamel for cash while her friends were over so I set it aside for another day.

Which means.... I forgot.

Cue to tonight when Mimi and Max returned home.  I approached her with a $5.00 and explained that since she was busy with her friends the tooth fairy didn't want to bother her so here.

Mimi looked at me and the money with a smile and ran to her room to put it in her piggy bank (which is really a ceramic cupcake, but, whatevs.....)  About five minutes later she walks into my room and hands me the baggie containing her tooth and with a hint of a smirk she said:

"Here, Mommy.... make sure you get your money back."

No comments:

Post a Comment